UCAIug has established the Green Button Alliance as a formal vehicle for representing the certified brand and adherence to the test requirements. All planned tools and artifacts for this have been completed.
On Tuesday, October 22nd 3:00EDT, UCAIug plan to briefly walk through the technical artifacts that are the result of our collective efforts these past months.
The OpenADE task force has done a lot of work bringing Green Button to this point within OpenADE (this is just the testing and certification part; OpenADE developed the requirements and drove the standardization of Green Button in previous years). Here are key achievements:
1) Captured and resolved lessons learned in the early implementations of Green Button. Bundled these lessons and solutions into three documents that drove testing and certification, and, a potential update to the NAESB REQ.21 standard.
- Green Button Help Desk Items – a collection of smaller issues resolved in a single document
- Green Button Authorization and Bulk Transfer – description of how to perform OAuth 2.0 as well as the bulk transfer of authorized Green Button data
- Green Button Atom Links – description of how to use Atom links in Green Button data to make data sets self-describing and consistent
2) Constructed the Green Button Test Plan document which contains a top down, requirements driven, derivation of testing requirements for the certification process.
3) Developed a corresponding set of test cases and detailed step by step procedures to verify an implementation against the requirements. There are 171 individual tests that have been specified for Green Button Download My Data. Of these, 144 are fully automated and 27 are manual.
4) Developed a set of tools that facilitate automated testing of many detailed aspects of Green Button Data.
On Tuesday’s call, UCAIug present these artifacts. Additionally they will review the activities of the UCAIug efforts at standing up the GBITCA for testing and certification.
Finally, it is UCAIug intent to provide a package of these materials for review by prospective “dry run” participants. After a roughly two week review, UCAIug will hold a kickoff webinar with the participants to plan the certification event. Those participants in the event can anticipate the complimentary certification listing in the Green Button Alliance database.
Here is the meeting info:
1. Please join meeting.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (415) 363-0070
Access Code: 844-935-738
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 844-935-738
Organizers: Dr. Marty and Dr. Dave (GREEN BUTTON Panel, UCAIug)
Green Button Educational Tool is available at www.gbcim.desismartgrid.com