Power Minister Sh. Jyotiraditya Scindia released “Smart Grid Vision and Roadmap for India” at the Power Ministers Conference in Delhi on 10 Sept 2013. The Roadmap was drafted by the India Smart Grid Task Force with the assistance of India Smart Grid Forum, and covers the 12th, 13th and 14th 5-year plan periods from 2012 to 2027.
Smart Grid Vision Statement: “Transform the Indian power sector into a secure, adaptive, sustainable and digitally enabled ecosystem that provides reliable and quality energy for all with active participation of stakeholders.”
Key Targets and Highlights are as follows:
12th Plan (2012 – 2017):
- Completion of ongoing smart grid pilots
- Augmentation of data centers and communication network for AMI Roll out
- Distribution Automation & GIS/Automated distribution s/stns.
- Development of indigenous smart meter
- Dynamic tariffs, Sustainability Initiatives –promoting distributed generation
13th Plan (2017 – 2022):
- Nationwide AMI roll out for customers >10KW load
- Mandatory Roof Top Solar for large establishments
- Total Renewable integration of 80GW;
- EV charging infrastructure
- Development of micro grids in total 10000 villages
- Distribution Automation
14th Plan (2022 – 2027):
- Development of 50 Smart cities.
- Mandatory roof top solar
- Total Renewable integration of 130 GW; 10% EV penetration
- Nationwide AMI roll out for customers
- Continuous Research &Development ;
- Choice of electricity supplier
- Stable 24X7 power supply
Right click & save as —> Download the Smart Grid Vision and Roadmap for India from here!!!
Smart Grid Roadmap videos available in the next page – visit here
(Contd… – Page 2 | )
Pages: 1 2