Again, we are excited to share a brand new free educational tool named as “GamBIT”.
“GREEN BUTTON – CIM Tool (GamBIT)”, is first of its kind tool to educate on power system and smart grid standards and is built on the idea that standardization education is engrossing, exciting, comprehensible and useful for the ENTITIES/ STAKEHOLDERS of Electric Power Systems in India.
Following are the main features of the tool:
- User friendly presentation of summary of classes and attributes available in the GREEN BUTTON and CIM standards!
- Ability to create standards oriented database with features like select classes, add attributes, view and define class relationships through primary and foreign key setting options!
- Ability to create profiles for the user chosen application; this will enable the Researchers/DISCOMs to build and share standardized applications among themselves.
Link to the GamBIT v1.0 – http://gbcim.desismartgrid.com/
Standards considered in this version are GREEN BUTTON and CIM.
(GamBIT v1.0 is best viewed in Google Chrome)
- Smart Grid Green Button Standards : Report on “Green Button for India” is available at – http://indiasmartgrid.org/en/knowledge-center/Reports/Green%20Button%20Standards%20for%20India.pdf
- Introduction to Power System Common Information Model is available at – http://wiki.powerdistributionresearch.com/index.php?title=CIM_Background
GamBITv1.0 can be useful for Instructors who are taking Industry/Academic courses on Power System and Smart Grid Standards.
We are sharing an article titled “Enablement-of-Consumer-Oriented-Interoperable-Systems-with-Integration-of-CIM-and-Green-Button-Standards.pdf” to make you aware of the future grid evolutions and its necessity. After reading this you would definitely appreciate the requirement of tools like GamBIT.
Please provide your suggestions and feedback at- http://gbcim.desismartgrid.com/survey.php (active upon registering).